It is a creative process so the sequence is cyclical and reiterating, it is also tailored to the project’s needs. The goal is to aesthetically and technically refine the concept on each phase to produce successful products and services. The phases are as follows: design brief, analysis, research, specifications definition, concepts development, presentation, concept refinement, modelling, testing, specifications development, prototyping, evaluation, and implementation.
I apply different methodologies from every design discipline, also created by my own experience and knowledge, this can also happen throughout the process by my own sensibility and intuition. Thanks to my multidisciplinary design background and cultural exposure my approach is widely holistic, this allows me to understand complex systems of interlinked interactions at different scales and in various contexts, which is crucial for the success of a design project.
Each design discipline has its own physical and mental tools. I like to explore with different types of models and customized user’s approaches. I implement concepts of psychology, sociology, anthropology, history, semantics and aesthetics. On the other hand, concepts of human factors, ergonomics, engineering, materials science and technology. In regards the physical tools, I give a high importance to sketching and testing with real users, within real contexts.
IDITA carefully assess your needs to customize a comprehensive ID-KIT© for you!
- Project/Product management
- Product/Service/Planning consulting
- Research (product/user/context) including market research
- Analysis and product specifications
- Brainstorming and concepts exploration
- Concept refinement (aesthetical/technical)
- Life cycle assessment
- Sketches, manual and digital rendering
- 3D modeling and rendering
- Rapid prototyping including 3D printing
- Block models, prototypes and mock-ups
- Usability testing
- Fabrication specifications: plans, BOM and CNC
- Print specifications: graphics and guidelines
- UX/UI specifications: sitemap, wireframes and graphic interface
- Link with fabricators/builders/print facilities/web developers
- Setup of existent website template